The St. Matthew’s Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is an association of families with the main purpose of organizing school events, coordinating volunteers, and assisting with communication between school, parents, and the community. Our school facility, programs, academics, and special events are enhanced by the collaboration of the many talents of our parents.
Each parent of a St. Matthew’s student is automatically a member of the PTO, and everyone is invited to attend monthly meetings held in Schiavone Hall. Monthly meetings are announced in the Falcon Newsletters, on the school marquee, and in the church bulletin.
The PTO supports and sponsors many events and activities. Volunteering and being involved helps make our school one that our children are excited to attend! Each family is required to volunteer a minimum of 25 hours per school year. Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the year and all committees need assistance.
The following are some of the activities in which the PTO hosts or provides assistance:
- Arranges and hosts the Annual Spring Golf Tournament
- Arranges for school supply orders for families
- Assists in funding 8th grade graduation reception
- Assists in technology purchases of the school
- Family Fun Nights
- Funds improvements to the campus and playground equipment and surfacing
- Funds Teachers’ Wish List items for all teachers
- Honor Roll Breakfast
- Organizes all Spirit Nights
- Plants and maintains a butterfly and vegetable garden
- Provides additional resources for classrooms
- Provides SMCS new family gifts
- Serves Grandparents’ Day refreshments
- Sets up all Fall Fundraising opportunities
- Treats offered at the Christmas program
- Teachers’ Appreciation Week activities
- Teachers’ luncheons
- UNF Ropes Course for the 7th grade retreat, fund resource
- Unsung Hero Award